- + Believe In What You Feel 『相信你的感觉』 (September 04, 10:00)
- + Logos Hope Returns to Penang (September 04, 17:00)
- + Jazz At The Philharmonic (September 11, 20:15)
- + Traditional Trades Discovery Walk (September 12, 09:30)
- + Talking Books (September 12, 14:30)
- + Armenian Street's Got Talent 文艺达人巷 (September 12, 17:00)
- + Family & Friends CPR (September 13, )
- + Occupy Beach Street (Every Sunday) (September 13, 07:00)
- + Japanese Film Festival 2015 (September 17, 11:00)
- + Beethoven Series concert: "Beethoven's Seventh" (September 20, 20:00)
- + George Town Night Trail 夜游古迹区 (September 25, 07:30)
- + LaCaLa Discovery Walk (September 26, 09:30)
Take an amazing tour around George Town to discover the unique painted walls mimicking life in the city and the wrought-iron caricatures with anecdotal descriptions of the streets that they adorn. Get a copy of the Penang Street Art Brochure here.
A fascinating fusion of the East and West, Penang embraces modernity while retaining its traditions and old world charm. These are reflected in its harmonious multiracial populace and well-preserved heritage buildings which led to George Town being accorded a listing as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site recently.
Long regarded as the food capital of Malaysia, Penang also entices visitors with its beautiful coasts and scrumptious cuisines.
Penang, MICE Destination
Penang’s alluring charms and unique attributes together with its many-faceted cultures make it a favourite of many as a Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions (MICE) destination.
The easy going lifestyle on Penang is a result of the melting pot of cultures, religions and food. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of George Town in particular, is a total fusion of Chinese, Malay, Indian and other races, evidence of which is apparent everywhere, from cuisine to architecture.
The fascinating culture is complemented by golden beaches and tranquil seas. One would have to search far and wide to find an island blessed with so many natural attractions. It is truly a tropical paradise that offers something for everyone, from historical buffs and nature park enthusiasts to those just wanting to relax on a sun-drenched beach.
The Weld Quay Clan Jetties Waterfront Settlement
The houses used to have atap roofs but these have since been replaced with zinc sheets. The six clan jetties may be located at the backwaters of George Town but the 6ha area is home to a priceless piece of Penang’s history and a living heritage that serves as a reminder of one of South East Asia’s most important maritime ports.
Malaysia My 2nd Home Programme
Thinking of settling in Penang? The Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM2H) programme allows citizens of other countries to retire and reside in Malaysia with their spouses, children, parents and even in-laws.
MM2H is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass.